Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Marvel’s Infinity #1 Review

I was able to pick up a copy of this new comic on release day. It took me a week to gather my thoughts on it. I was actually really excited ever since I got the Infinity Preview at during Free Comic Book Day last May. Once I got my hands on it, I could tell it was going to be epic. Jim Cheung’s art and Mark Morales colors made the event more exciting. I also have to say that in my opinion, the Infinity story was/is Jonathan Hickman’s Masterpiece. I read it a few times and had to make up my mind. That’s why it took almost a week to write this review. I haven’t read the Tie-ns yet, by I hate to say that they probably aren’t nearly as good as this. Avengers and New Avengers are excellent series, so I expect great things. I haven’t read a single Thunderbolts, Captain Marvel or Avengers Assemble. I could easily see Marvel’s Infinity replace Marvel Now. Then I would think that The New 52 is going down! I want to see more of these movie-like storylines in the future. That’s why I can’t wait until September 4th, the release of Infinity #2. I’m hoping and expecting another round of Hickman and Cheung, along with the amazing talents they bring to the Comic Event. Whenever I do a review, I like to put one of thise Blue-Ray cover quotes. Obviously this will never go anywhere but it’s funny doing it.

            “You never want it to end!”
                                   
                                    -Josh Siebers, Josh Siebers Awesome Blog\

Writer: Jonathan Hickman
Penciler: Jim Cheung
Inkers: Mark Moralas with John Livesay, David Meikis, and Jim Cheung
Colorist: Justin Ponsor
Letterers: Chris Eliopoulos With Joe Caramagna

Cover: Adam Kubert and Laura Martin

No comments:

Post a Comment