Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Justice League Dark Moving Forward, Guillermo del Toro Explains Some Hero Origins for the Movie



Pacific Rim Director Guillermo del Toro has been jabbering about Justice League Dark movie. There isn't a release date for the movie yet because Warner Bros., the studio that owns the rights to all DC Films and TV Series (excluding Smallville Seasons 6-10). He recently announced during an interview with Screenrant that he will be sticking to the mythology of the characters.

“Monsters! More monsters. When I was following the DC comics in my youth, my favorites were Swamp Thing, [Etrigan the] Demon, Deadman … My earliest love was Constantine, and I love Zatanna, Destiny, the whole mythology. So we’re working on a really rich mythological environment.”


The Film's Script is in moderation right now. But I trust Guillermo del Toro's script because look how awesome The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey turned out, and I'm interested to see how the script will deliver in the next two movies. I am still concerned about the whole "Justice League Dark before Justice League" thing. I mean, The Justice League Dark is a whole lot more possible than an original Justice League movie. One of the things that makes The Justice League Dark, well, dark is that their superpowers are supernatural, and if there's one thing I learned from the special features of Sam Raimi's Spider-Man, it's that science-based powers are friggin' hard to deliver!
With Christian Bale "out" for the role of Batman in Justice League, The movie is pretty much doomed. It could have given Bale another chance to drop the dorky voice that sounds like Cookie Monster on Steroids. Plus, he's like the coolest Bruce Wayne ever! You can't make a Justice League Movie without Green Lantern, and Ryan Reynolds probably out because no one liked him in Green Lantern. It could give him a second chance.
The Only reason DC's going for this is because of Marvel's The Avengers. Justice League will be at the same place it is today by the time The Avengers 3 is out on DVD (If DVD even exists by then.)! That's why Justice League Dark is a very good choice. Critics might not like it but I personally think it's a smart choice. It could be the best "Second-Chance" movie of the decade. It could be a big success. Just in the last 7 or 8 years DC's started blowing up. Marvel's been at it for quite a while. Usually with almost never-ending success. DC, has been finite success-wise. Just until Batman Begins. Anyway, Good work del Toro, good work DC, I have to get out of here.


Hey before I finish typing I want to say that not as much content will be posted for the this week and a half. Not that big of a deal for me and I don't think it is for you either. I'm gone on vacation so, there might not be a review, but it's alright. This is a backed up post from last week so I don't know. I can't predict the Future. I'm not Marvel Girl. I'm not a Girl at all thank you very much.

Source: www.screenrant.com

1 comment:

  1. You are so cool! I don't believe I've read anything like this before.
    So good to discover somebody with a few original thoughts on this topic.

    Seriously.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is
    needed on the internet, someone with a bit of originality!


    Feel free to surf to my web-site :: Elder Scrolls Online Beta
    Sign Up (Livejournal.Com)

    ReplyDelete