Sunday, June 23, 2013

Man of Steel Review

If you read my most recent updates post, you might know that I recently went to go see Man of Steel. I actually saw it Thursday but I wanted to really think about the movie a little more than i would for a normal movie. Normal not meaning bad, just, different. I actually consider Man of Steel different than other movies. It just had an interesting feel...


Man of Steel was overall a great movie. The big name cast was part of the success. The visual effects were outstanding. It's easy to say that Superman is now back with the rest of the world. I mean, there hasn't been a good Superman movie since the 70's. Superman 2-4 were okay. Superman Returns was an insult to DC Entertainment. And I never really liked any of the cartoons. Smallville was okay, but I honestly think that Man of Steel makes Smallville kind of boring.

The Movie was almost always giving you that edge-of-your-seat thrill. Man of Steel can connect with The Dark Knight Trilogy. With Chris Nolan in the producer's chair, it totally gives you that Dark Knight feel. Man of Steel, in a way, is a mix of Superman and Inception. It jumps back in time without really giving you a warning. Though, it's not as complicated as Inception, Man of Steel is without a doubt, one of the Best Movies of the Summer. I think it is the best Superhero movie of the summer. I have high hopes for The Wolverine, but by the trailers, it completely separates itself from the rest of the rest of the X-Men franchise. I honestly didn't like Iron Man 3. That's why, Man of Steel deserves a 9.4/10 rating. The beginning was a little slow and dark, but the movie picked up fast.

One of the things that helped earn that 9.4 rating was Superman's new suit. It looked way better without the spandex underwear and the ginormous boots. The great thing was, he didn't design the suit. It was modern apparel on Krypton.

To wrap things up, Man of Steel was an interesting and fun movie. Even though the same thing happened in this movie that happened in all science fiction movies now... They destroy the big city. Metropolis was trashed in the end. I think DC Entertainment finally has a Superman to brag about. Now if only we can give some other heroes a chance. Aquaman, or The Flash. And please make a better Green Lantern movie!
Now for my last sentence, I want to say one of those quotes that you see in ads or on the DVD cover...



"Best Superhero Movie of the Summer!"
                  
                                                                -Josh Siebers; Josh Siebers' Awesome Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment